The Citation Excel and XLS are the perfect candidates for a transformation process that is unlike any other.
The Excel was the first mid-size business jet that was not only highly affordable but offered exceptional versatility, short field performance, low cost of operation and the spaciousness of a stand-up cabin. Because of such a positive response from the marketplace, Cessna took 200 orders prior to the first Excel customer delivery.
More than 1,000 Excel/XLS’s are in active service worldwide, far more than any other model. The Citation XLS+ is still being produced by Textron and will continue to be a leading member of the Citation product line. Not surprisingly, the Excel and XLS are in high demand in the pre-owned market.
The Transformation Process
Inspections by the Original Manufacturer
The Citation Service Center is an essential participant in this transformation process because of its unique ability as the original manufacturer to comprehensively inspect the aircraft to meet FAA and CitationPartners’ exacting standards.
Well beyond what any other independent service organization can offer, only the Citation Service Center can provide the level of quality and thoroughness which meets the exacting transformation requirements of the proprietary CitationPartners program for the Excel Eagle.
After the Service Center has completed its extensive statement of work, the aircraft will be test flown to exactly the same thorough Dash-12 production flight test standards as every other new Citation.
A markedly higher residual value is the expected outcome of CitationPartners having invested significantly in the nose-to-tail transformation of every Citation Excel Eagle. Further, your capital invested will qualify for bonus depreciation.
- Flight evaluation
- Inspect horizontal stabilizer boots for leaks and wear
- Inspect main landing gear trailing link for corrosion
- Inspect elevator torque tube
- Inspect rudder torque tube
- Inspect toilet for corrosion
- Inspect under refreshment center
- Inspect water separator
- Visual inspection of wheel well, flap well, horizontal cove and vertical cove
- Perform 8-hour fuel leak check
- Verify all items on the cabin interior are functioning correctly
- Repack nose landing gear
- Cockpit windshields, and cockpit and cabin windows inspections
- Door frame inspection
- Emergency exit frame inspection
- Emergency battery capacity check
- Accomplish visual inspection of aircraft and all components without panel removals
All inspection items listed above are included in the price of your Excel Eagle and will qualify the aircraft for a lower-cost ProParts program. Other suggested repairs, if any, for which the cost exceeds $25K will be the customer’s responsibility.
Avionics, Paint & Interior
The remaining elements of the Citation Excel Eagle transformation process will be completed by Yingling Aviation, which has been a partner of Cessna for more than 70 years. Yingling has excellent facilities and an outstanding team with the capability for full-scale interior refurbishment, exterior strip and repaint and installation of new avionics. As a long-time authorized Garmin dealer, Yingling has broad experience in the installation of avionics, including the G5000 system, for many Citation operators as well as FedEx.
The avionics, paint and interior are all done under one roof to maximize quality and efficiency.
- Multiple striping selections available
- Special masking to protect windows & windshields
- Double-chemical-stripping application if needed
- Surfaces hand scrubbed with nylon-bristle brushes
- Remove and replace sealers as needed
- Chemical etching to remove residue from existing paint
- Two-coat application of corrosion primer and high-solids fill primer as needed
- Negative flow air filtration
- Bright work polished and new sealer applied
- New weight and balance
- Permaguard protection (opt.)